United Methodist Insurance (UMI)
United Methodist Insurance (UMI) is a wholly owned, non-profit subsidiary of the General Council on Finance and Administration (GCFA) of The United Methodist Church. Their only mission is to protect the people and property of our faith communities.
In addition to property and casualty insurance UMI provides comprehensive insurance including:
• Pastoral Counseling Coverage
• Sexual Misconduct Liability Coverage
• Director, Officer & Trustee Liability Coverage
• Employment Practices Liability Coverage
• Fine Arts Coverage
• Employee Benefits Liability
• Employee Dishonesty / Bond Coverage
Since UMI is a United Methodist subsidiary, they are well versed in the insurance coverage required by the 2012 Book of Discipline. If your trustees are interested in a quote from UMI, please call 800-975-5442.