Local Pastors and Associate Members
A Day with Bishop Lewis for Associate Members and Local Pastors, Monday, May 15, 2017 from 10:00am to 2:30pm
Local Pastor Handbook (pdf)
Clergy Mentors for Local Pastors
Course of Study Book Listing (pdf)|
Course of Study Courses (pdf)
Course of Study Enrollment and Scholarship Form (Word)
Duke Students: Please email the above enrollment form to ClergyExcellence@vaumc.org to request the “discount code” you will enter on the Duke COS registration site, giving you access to the discounted tuition rate.
Wesley Students: Please email the above enrollment form to ClergyExcellence@vaumc.org as it includes your request or waiver of the Scholarship funds that may be available to you.
Educational Requirements for Provisional Membership (Word)
Guidelines for Cont. Theological Ed. (Word)
Licensed Local Pastors and Weddings (pdf)
Local Pastors and the Walk to Emmaus (Word)
Local Pastors Seeking Provisional or Associate Membership
Steering Comm. for Fellowship of LPs & AMs (Word)
The Fellowship of Local Pastors and Associate Members
The Fellowship of Local Pastors and Associate Members has a steering committee with officers elected by the Fellowship. The steering committee includes local pastors from all geographic regions in the Conference and includes the local pastors serving as non-voting members on the Board of Ordained Ministry.
The following is the purpose statement for the Fellowship:
The purpose of the Fellowship of Local Pastors and Associate Members is to provide support, love and encouragement to each other through the encouragement of self-care and spiritual growth, and to create a sense of unity and fellowship. The Fellowship will serve all local pastors and the Board of Ordained Ministry as an advisory/resource group on issues and needs of local pastors and associate members. It will serve as a voice for local pastors in the Virginia Conference, will sponsor retreat time, and encourage small group participation with elders and associate members on the district level.
Guidelines for Officers of the Fellowship of Local Pastors and Associate Members
1. Officers are elected at the beginning of the quadrennium and may service up to two quadrennia.
2. Officers must be licensed local pastors or associate members
3. Officers should represent all geographical areas of the conference.
4. If an office is vacated at any time during the quadrennium, the Executive Committee of the Fellowship of Local Pastors and Associate Members fills the vacancy with someone from that geographical area.
5. The chair of the Fellowship of Local Pastors and Associate Members shall appoint a nominating committee to select the officers.