All God’s Children Camp 2017 is Gearing Up
Folks, we are already gearing up for an awesome time at All God’s Children Camp for the 2017 summer weeks. The dates and and campsites are set. Flyers are being printed, applications are being mailed out and mentor recruiting is underway.
There are many ways you can volunteer for camp and we definitely need all the help we can get. Below are all the ways you can get involved. Please contact Lori Smith at email@example.com or by phone, 571-245-9591 if you would like more information.
1. Prayer. Please pray for Camp Overlook, Camp Chanco and Occohannock on the Bay as they receive All God’s Children Camp this summer. Please pray that we have 90 folks sign up to be mentors for our 3 camps. Pray that those mentors will be the hands and feet of Jesus for our campers. Also, pray for all staff members of All God’s Children Camp as they prepare for an awesome summer. Lastly, pray for the campers, that their lives may be transformed in and through Jesus.
2. Sign up to become a mentor. It will change your life! There is nothing like spending a week in the outdoors with some awesome kids who just want to be loved on. The dates are listed below.
3. Get a group together to provide supplies for our campers. All the supplies that are donated get to go home with the campers. These include bed sheets, pillows, toiletries, blankets and other goodies. Please contact Lori for a full list of supplies.
4. Sign up to drive campers to camp. This is a big need! Most of our campers are unable to provide their own transportation for various reasons. So about 90% of them will need a ride to and from camp.
5. Monetary donations. Thanks to the support of you and our local churches, campers have the opportunity to come to camp at no cost. Without you, this would not be possible. The cost to send one child to camp is $400.00. Donations should be made payable to All God’s Children Camp and can be sent to: Virginia United Methodist Conference, P.O. Box 5606, Glen Allen, VA 23058, Attn: Becky Tate.
Dates for 2017:
June 18-23, Camp Chanco on the James
June 25-30, Camp Overlook
July 30-August 4, Occohannock on the Bay
What is All God’s Children Camp? Children, ages 7 to 12, with an incarcerated mother or father, spend a week at camp, participating in activities such as boating, swimming, hiking, archery, music, crafts, Bible study, and conflict resolution. Partnering with Virginia United Methodist camps, All God’s Children Camp provides a week of sanctuary for children who face so many challenges in their lives: economic poverty; temporary living conditions; loneliness; low self-esteem; violence; and drugs.
Click here to view a video.
Need More information?
Camper Registration (pdf)
Mentor Registration (pdf)
Lori Smith, Director
The VA Conference UMC
PO Box 5606, Glen Allen, VA 23058
On-site Director for Camp Overlook
and Occohannock on the Bay