Continuing Education for Clergy
Clergy Continuing Education Grants
Clergy Continuing Education funding applications are considered regularly throughout the year. These funds are designed to support clergy in short-term learning experiences. See the Guidelines below for specific details on funding levels and eligibility. For long-term learning experiences and coaching, please also review information provided in the Clergy Development section.
• Guidelines for Continuing Theological Education (Word)
• Application for Continuing Education Funds (Word)
• Application for Continuing Education Funds (This PDF document includes form fields and calculation fields, making it easier to complete. To ensure the PDF document opens and performs correctly, please download the latest version of the free Adobe Reader program from the following link: http://www.adobe.com/products/reader.html )
• Professional Study/Travel Application Form (Word) This form must accompany your application if you intend to travel outside the United States.
• Characteristics of Effective Clergy (Word)
• Continuing Education, Study Leave, Sabbaticals (Word)
Requesting Continuing Education Units
Groups in the Virginia Conference wishing to issue Continuing Education Units to participants in their programs should complete this application and send it to the Center for Clergy Excellence, ClergyExcellence@vaumc.org. Confirmation of the number of CEUs authorized to be awarded will be returned to the group.
• VAUMC Policy for Awarding CEUs (Word)
• Requesting CEUs for Virginia Conference Events (Word)
For specific learning experiences selected by the Clergy Development Committee – or for long-term learning experiences beyond the scope of Clergy Continuing Education Funds – grants are awarded from Ministerial Education Funds to cover a portion of the cost of registration, lodging, and meals.
• Clergy Development
Virginia Clergy Leadership Program
• Virginia Clergy Leadership Program and Application Form
Opportunities for Continuing Education
Please explore these sites to help you in determining the program or seminar that best fits your interests or areas that you would like to further develop.
• Consultants, Organizations, and Seminary websites offering Continuing Education (pdf)
• Online Continuing Education Opportunities with UM Theological Schools (pdf)
• GBHEM Continuing Education Consortium
• GBHEM Peer Learning Groups (NICL)